Using equations in Excel
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Unless otherwise indicated, everything on this wiki uses SI units.
To use one of the equations in Excel, do the following:
- Make a note of the variables in the function, e.g. Vp, Vs and rho in this one:
- Set up the sheet with your variables, for example:
- Name the variables:
- Select each one in turn and go to Insert > Name > Define...
- Use the name that is used in the function, or remember that you must change the function to match what you choose
- Copy and paste the function into its own cell (B5 in the example above), making sure there are no leading spaces; it should evaluate immediately:
The example here is to compute Young's modulus in GPa.